PFP is now looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Estimator to complement the existing management team.
PFP is one of the largest multi-discipline sub-contractors in Scotland, specialising in the installation of metal stud partitions, SFS, suspended ceilings, and other internal finishing trades in the construction industry.
Established in 1997, PFP has grown to become one of the most reputable and successful sub-contractors operating in the Scottish construction market, and in recent years has undertaken work on some of the largest and most prestigious health and education projects in Scotland.
The company is now looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Estimator, to become a member of their small management team. The successful candidate will be based in our Edinburgh office, but must be flexible to travel to sites throughout Scotland as required by the business workload.
This is an interesting and varied role which will expose the successful candidate to a wide range of tasks and experience, however the main responsibilities and duties of the position are:
- Assisting the QS team with the management of commercial aspects of each contract
- Assisting the estimating team to produce contract tenders from BOQ’s and drawing take offs
- Liaison between and provision of information to estimating, QS and site teams
- Assisting with the compilation of monthly contract valuations and final accounts
- Promoting the development of the company by following up on tenders submitted
- Produce monthly reports on tendering activity and success rates
- Supporting the site management teams to ensure the efficient use of resources
- Building effective working relationships with main contractor clients
- Co-ordinating the availability of plant and materials as required
- Assisting the senior management team with ad hoc tasks as required
Some experience with either HNC / HND or BSC in Quantity Surveying, or in the Partitioning and Suspended Ceilings trade sector would be an advantage, but is not essential as training will be provided with regards to the specialist nature of our trades. The candidate must be IT Literate and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Excel.
The candidate must also be able to use their own initiative, to prioritize their workload, be commercially aware, and have good communication, interpersonal and organisation skills, all with the ability to work to strict deadlines.
This role may suit a recent graduate, or a student who is in their final year of study. If you are a final year student, PFP will be flexible and supportive of your requirement to complete your studies.
A CSCS Card and driving licence would also be an advantage.
If you believe you are a good fit for this role, please apply with your CV and expected salary package to email@example.com